Fire Damage Restoration
Fire Damage Cleanup and Restoration
It’s hard to imagine anything more traumatizing than a fire in your home, threatening your family’s sense of security.
A fire can swiftly bring an enterprise’s operations to a sudden halt, affecting the business and its customers.
An uncontrollable wildfire can wreak chaos in communities.
According to the latest numbers from the National Fire Protection Association, a structure fire is reported every 65 seconds. When the alarm sounds, emergency responders and fire departments answer the call for help with quick and decisive action. When the smoke clears, REDCON’s fire restoration services team stands ready to help with the same rapid response – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
The first 24- to 48- hours after fire damage are known as the “golden hours” of recovery. An effective emergency response that quickly stabilizes the facility ensures the recovery of as much property as possible. The acidic soot and smoke damage that is often produced when fires are extinguished accelerates the deterioration and corrosion of building components and vital assets. To compound the problem, fires are most frequently extinguished with dry chemicals or water. Plus, the toxic smoke odor left behind must be neutralized and deodorized.
The fire damage restoration process includes mitigating damage, providing smoke damage cleanup and water restoration as quickly as possible after the damage first occurs. Beyond the visible structural damage, contents inside the structure must be evaluated for recovery based on a number of factors including:
⦁ Replacement Cost vs. Restoration Cost
⦁ Effect of Smoke and Heat
⦁ Loss of Use
⦁ Loss of Value
⦁ Decreased Life Expectancy
⦁ Sentimental Value
REDCON’s fire restoration services can include: emergency board-up, demolition, thermal deodorization to mitigate smoke damage, and complete reconstruction. Count on REDCON’s fire damage restoration services to answer your call.
Fire Department Support Services
We also work closely with local fire departments and are often called in to help with fire damage efforts shortly after the fire is extinguished. Support services include:
- Emergency board-up and site containment services: securing the property/premises and preserving the scene from further fire and smoke damage.
- Work under the direction of Arson Investigators to assist fire damage restoration services safely: secure evidence, debris manipulation, transport and storage, etc.
- Supply cranes and other heavy equipment to clear paths, allow for aerial photos, expedite hauling, and other fire damage restoration needs.
- Shoring and moving of materials to help secure safe entry of fire department and authorized personnel in the fire damage restoration process.
- Provide lighting, dumpsters, emergency power, etc.
- Application of board-up decals if required to reduce visual eyesore of burned structures.